Monday 24 March 2014

Evaluation Question Three

What have you learned from your audience feedback?


1. class and teacher feedback on your initial treatment
2. rough cut - class feedback
3. class feedback on digipak roughs
4. final version of everything - class feedback and feedback from anyone else




Feedback


The positive feedback that I received was very pleasing as it reassured me that my initial idea was as creative and unique as I felt it was going to be. My negative feedback contrasted well with my positive feedback as my negative feedback made me feel determined and motivated to ensure that I kept on top of the process. Although the project became extremely time consuming myself and my partner split work load in terms of the masking process. This process became most time consuming of all tasks as it required hours of work to be done using the programme Adobe After Effects. Choosing specific shots to be masked helped in reducing the amount of hours having to be spent on it as masking was more time consuming than expected. Nonetheless we put in the work to ensure it was complete to the standard required and that we desired for it to be. 



 This was the beginning of the process in making my digipak. It began plain and simple.
 I then decided to try and see what it would look like black and white. The reason for this is because I wanted to contrast my digipak with my music video as my music video is vibrant and colourful. My feedback on this was that it was still plain and simple and could use some creativity and colour.
Upon receiving the previous feedback I decided to change the colour of the star on the converse. Initially the colour was blue as you can see in previous images. However as the colour green was a reoccurring theme in my music video as a whole project I thought it add in creativity by making the star green to using Photoshop. My feedback on this was that it worked well but I needed to play around with the brightness/contrast and enhance different parts of the image e.g. making shadows show more.
I then took on all feedback given by my class and teachers and made the image black and white completely and enhancing the green star on the converse. I decided to do this to emphasise the colour theme of green. My feedback on this version however was that I needed to make the writing of songs bolder and the barcode to be in the colour white to.






 My feedback on this image was to repeat the same process as done on the previous image of the converse. Making the entire image black and white and enhancing the colour of green to emphasise the colour theme of green.
 I continued this process using Photoshop.
 My feedback on this final image was that it matched within the entire digipak sequence as it had the theme of black and white with the colour green enhanced.
 This image was an initial image I was going to use on my digipak as the front album cover. However feedback from my teacher Mr Molloy was that it did not seem as effective written on a piece of paper. He then suggested to have it written on cardboard as it would represent the artist's image and mise-en-scene more clearer.
Taking on board what my class and teachers had said about my process in making the digipak I came to the final piece of my digipak which represented a green enhancing colour theme and the theme of black and white. My feedback on my final digipak was that it conveyed the colour themes well and suited the artist and his image. 

This final version of my magazine advert as part of my ancillary tasks received feedback from both my class, teachers and others outside of the project. This feedback was mainly positive however did encounter some negative feedback which I took on board but as time was coming short did not have the opportunity to improve the minor details suggested. The feedback received was that the green colour theme was well kept throughout my magazine advert as well as my digipak and music video. Also using the front cover of my digipak as part of my magazine advert reinforced the artist's image and gave the digipak and magazine advert a good link together.

Final Magazine Advert


Feedback given from others
I also received verbal feedback from family which were similar to the above feedback. Reducing the amount of green on my magazine advert would have improved it more as it is vibrant. However the theme of green fits in well with my digipak. 
My overall feedback was that my reoccurring theme of green went well as it linked my digipak, magazine advert and music video together well. Also that my digipak and magazine advert looked sophisticated and professionally produced. I am proud of my ancillary tasks as it allowed me to experiment and try different programmes in making it. It also allowed me to experiment with my creativity skills which will prove to be beneficial in all aspects. 







No comments:

Post a Comment